Want to Partner with GRAWL?
Become a beneficiary of a GRAWL fundraiser – or join us by becoming a sponsor!
BE A Beneficiary
GRAWL raises money for Greensboro nonprofits through our theatrical arm wrestling events or open table activities at public or private events.
To apply to be a beneficiary in 2024, fill out our online application by May 1.
2024 Opportunities include:
- Arm Wrestling Competition Fundraiser – GRAWL’s traditional event. Beneficiary provides one woman or nonbinary person to participate in theatrical event, including rehearsals and event planning meetings over a 6-8 week time period.
- Community Open Table Fundraiser – Co-host a booth at Greensboro Pride, Fun Fourth, or another community festival with GRAWL. You provide booth, we provide referees and the arm wrestling table where festival goers can wrestle a friend in exchange for a donation.
- GRAWL at Your Event – An open table fundraiser at an event you plan and create. GRAWL provides referees and table.
An ideal beneficiary is a 501(c)(3) that is:
- located in Greensboro,
- founded by or run by women,
- able to publicize and actively participate in the brawl,
- and would benefit significantly from a fundraiser that can raise $3,500 to $6,500.
To make each brawl a success, we need a committed beneficiary. We expect our beneficiaries to:
- Provide a woman or nonbinary person to arm wrestle on behalf of the organization.
- Promote the event.
- Communicate with GRAWL about how the funds are spent.
For more info, contact Amanda Lehmert at 336-339-0712.
GRAWL would not be possible without the help of many local individuals and businesses who have volunteered their time and services. For our 2023 Season, we are seeking sponsors to help boost our events and raise more money for our nonprofit beneficiaries. See our Sponsorship Guide for more information.